Forums, Networks, and Coalitions
We currently participate in the following groups and networks:
- Home Office VAWG Vulnerable Group, working with under represented groups against VAWG
- Mayor of London’s Reference Group on VAWG working along with MOPAC and key stakeholders.
- Mayor of London’s Refugee and Migrant Advisory Panel (MRAP), where Latin Americans are represented for the first time.
- Forum for Equality and Human Rights in Southwark (FEHRS), working with other local communities in the area of highest Latin American concentration.
- Women’s Resource Centre (WRC), running campaigns, consultations, research and other projects.
- Imkaan, a UK-based, black feminist organisation dedicated to addressing violence against women and girls.
- Rights of Women, which works to attain justice and equality by informing, educating and empowering women on their legal rights.
- Coalition of Latin Americans in the UK, which campaigns for official recognition of Latin Americans, better access to health and labour rights, and is facilitated by LAWRS.
- BME Advice Network (BAN), an integrated network of advice services, delivered for and by the people from London’s migrant and refugee communities (link)
- Migrants Rights Network (MRN)
- PICUM, Platform for International Cooperation on Undocumented Migrants, promoting respect for undocumented migrants’ Human Rights in Europe.
Images of exploited and trafficked women
Our Director, Carolina Gottardo talking at “Images of exploited and trafficked women”. The role of the media and campaigning in women’s empowerment – Conference organised by Central America Women’s Network (CAWN).